Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Seriously? You're either a runner or a heel - you're not allowed to be both.

Dear Claire,

There are very few pieces of fashion or trends that I truly despise.  You may choose to embrace these trends just to spite me and I will accept that. It's true however, that I will cringe every time you walk out the door into public.  And I will cringe a second time for all of the innocent eyes that are laid on you in some ridicuous get-up.  And I will cringe a third and final time for your future eyes that will one day look back at pictures of yourself and want to cry.

The one thing I will forbid you to ever wear is the platform running shoe. This shoe is wrong on all levels.  It makes no sense.  It is unattractive.  It doesn't look right with pants or a skirt. It is neither here nor there.  It's the equivlent of wearing a clown wig all day on your feet.  They should be collected like the books in "Fahrenheit 451' and burned in the town square.

Please honey, promise mommy you'll never wear these??? Please?

Love Mom





 

No comments:

Post a Comment