Monday, August 27, 2012

Don't Lose Sleep Over It

Dear Claire,

Sometimes in life there are going to be bad days. 

I can't tell you how many times I've laid awake in bed thinking about something, somebody said, that bothered me.  Or how many times I've found myself awake at one in the morning regretting something I had said that day.  Or at three a.m. thinking about work, things to do around the house, an upcoming event that needs planning, and the list goes on.

Here's what I've learned from lying awake in bed and thinking: it accomplishes nothing.

I've never actually gotten out of bed and done any work, made any phone calls, or cleaned the house. 

So I should've just slept.  

Turn your mind off when you go to bed. 

Anything from the day can be undone tomorrow. 

If you want an apology from someone you have two choices: ask for one or get over it.  If you owe someone an apology than give it to them.

Write out a 'to do' list in the morning and cross things off it as you accomplish them; that night you will feel better knowing what you have gotten done.

But above all, sleep.  Everything looks better after a good night's rest.

Love you when you're not so tired!
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment