Thursday, November 8, 2012

People Are Good

Dear Claire,

Today I was overwhelmed by the kindness of others.

Right now, I'm working with a young girl, who is living in awful conditions.  She has lost over fifteen pounds in the past two months, not because she is dieting, but because she can only afford to eat one meal a day.

Now that I have you, it's just unbearable to see young girls living like this.  I can't help but imagine what I would do, if suddenly, you were forced to live like this.

In speaking with this girl, I learned that she needs some winter clothing and a few things for her house - a pillow and a blanket.  I know that she needs more, but is too proud to ask.

I quickly posted her needs on my 'Facebook' page and within minutes, several people contacted me with everything from clothing, to food and giftcards for this young woman.

So, whenever you're with a group of people, or watching the news, and everything is doom and gloom, remember that is not the whole truth.  The truth is that, time and time again, people are good.

I know that you will know this instinctively.  Because, you, my sweet little girl, will be good too.

Love Mom

Thanks to all those who are helping :)

2 comments:

  1. You are the one that should be thanked and there is no doubt that Claire will have your compassion. You are doing a wonderful thing for this very deserving young lady. I am sure you have touched her life in a way many people will never experience. I agree people are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!!! we have to believe and know there are more good people than bad in this world. whenever a tragedy strikes I ask my kids to look for the helpers...they are ALWAYS there.

    ReplyDelete