There will probably be at least, a few times in your life, when something just doesn't sit right with you. You will witness something that just feels wrong - in your heart and in your gut.
It will be your decision whether to speak up. You won't always speak up and that's okay, but sometimes you will.
In order to speak up, you have to know what you stand for. What do you believe in? How do you feel people should be treated? Do some people deserve to be mistreated? What bothers you? What keeps you up at night wondering?
What you stand for will change and grow as you do. Your perspectives and beliefs may widen at times and narrow at others. This is okay. This is part of life.
You'll also learn, that in life, there is very little, that is black and white. Almost everything lies somewhere in between, in the gray area.
Once you figure out what you stand for, don't focus on shoving it down everybody else's throat. You have your beliefs, and they have theirs. Share you feelings, ideas, and opinions and allow others to share their's. Listen to them. Really listen. It is often that there is no wrong, only different areas of right. So just listen and learn from the people you know and the people you meet.
Some of the things I stand for:
1. People being treated with respect and kindness regardless of how they look.
2. People choosing their religious, or lack thereof, beliefs.
3. People having second, third, and fourth chances in life, but not neccessarily with the same people.
4. Healthy relationships where both people are safe, happy, and thriving.
5. Listening to someone's story to get the full sense of where they have been, where they are now, and where they hope to be going.
What do you stand for?????